Thursday, May 22, 2014

15 days from departure...

I am 15 days away from my CSC assignment to Abeokuta, Nigeria. It's getting so close, and I am really excited about it.

Overall, there are 11 IBMers that will be in Nigeria working on 4 different projects. We all come from countries all over the world including Ireland, India, China, Australia, Hungary, Mexico, Brazil, and US.

I met the rest of the team through weekly calls and group activities, we got to learn more about one another, about the CSC program, and about the culture in Africa. The Pre-work started back in February, I can say it was deep and intense with weekly activities, presentations and "homework" (It made me go back to the college days lol). We had a great moderator, Catherine Jacobs, that helped us keeping our calls organized, work completed, and targets met. We had few  special speakers talking to us about logistics, health, security, visa steps, and the Consulting process - all of these topics were covered taking into consideration the cultural, economical and business aspects of Nigeria.

We finally received our SOWs (Statement of Works) this week, and I will be sharing more information about the projects in a later post.

#ibmcsc nigeria #aleinafrica


No comments:

Post a Comment